The global outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be a source of concern and uncertainty for all of us. Another Broken Egg Cafe wanted to share with our valued guests and employees everything we’re doing to keep you safe and do our part to help prevent the spread of this virus.
What we’re doing
Our dedicated COVID-19 team in our Support Center is monitoring the situation in real-time, reviewing reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local health authorities in the markets where we do business to guide our decisions. We’re communicating frequently with our field leadership teams to ensure they have the support and resources they need, along with sharing the latest direction provided from the CDC and all local and state public health authorities.
Our strict standards
Another Broken Egg Cafe has always taken great pride in our constant and customary high standards of cleanliness. We go above and beyond the recommended industry standards for sanitation, health and food safety.
- Employees practice frequent and thorough handwashing using our microbial soap available in our kitchens and restrooms which is sufficient to kill any virus.
- A hand sanitizing station is located in the lobby of each café.
- Our general managers are food-handling certified in the areas of food safety and restaurant sanitization.
- UL Everclean visits every cafe multiple times throughout the year to conduct a thorough food safety and sanitization audit.
- Our produce goes through a microbial wash upon entering the building which is more than sufficient to eliminate transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- Because our cafes close at 2 p.m., this provides us with the unique opportunity to deep clean food contact surfaces daily
- Our daily deep clean procedure addresses all common areas including entryways and restrooms. We always place a heightened focus on cleaning/sanitizing high-touch areas like door handles, bar tops, tabletops, condiment bottles, dining room chairs, highchairs and boosters.
- All surfaces in the kitchen are wiped down regularly with sanitization solutions meeting and exceeding health department guidelines.
- Social distancing is a must, so we have closed off those portions of our dining room and bar to align with the limited dining restrictions of each state and local municipality and to ensure a safe distance between guess dining in our cafes.
- We are asking guests waiting to be seated to wait in their cars and we text them when their table is ready to be sat.
- Guests can minimize their wait time at the cafe by adding their party to our waitlist in advance using the Yelp App.
- We have ongoing availability of take-out, curbside pick-up and delivery at most locations.
- Online ordering with pick-up and delivery options is launching this spring in all cafes.